Friday, February 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Erica reminded me that I haven't posted any new pictures of the house since we moved in. I can't believe it's been almost 5 months since moving in. It seems like just yesterday.




Den/Kitchen


Fireplace in Den
(Any ideas for decorating over the mantle?  mirror, artwork?)


Kitchen


Coffee bar in kitchen (sorry the picture is so far away)

I got Michael a Keurig coffee maker for his birthday and he's loving it!  Secretly I'm loving it too.  We're going to paint the coffee bar cabinet black and distress it soon so that it blends in with the rest of the room.

Decorations above the kitchen cabinets.

Thank you, Hobby Lobby!  If I have to spend our money somewhere you are the place I would like to spend our money at the most.


Dining room

I think I'm going to work on sanding and painting the furniture black since the finish was damaged during the move.  This might take a while but we'll eventually get to it.


Office

Not much in this room except my desk which you can't see (thankfully) and the file cabinet.


Our bedroom

I think my next project will be curtains for our room since our neighbors behind us have very bright spotlights shining in their backyard and in ours.  With fences only 4.5' tall it looks like daylight in our room even at night when they have their outside lights on.  Bummer.

Our bathroom

Note to self: Need to get new towels that match the bedroom.  These ones are so raggedy.

Our flex room or whatever you want to call it
This technically is called an optional 4th bedroom since it has a full closet.  We're going to eventually get a comfy chair and floor lamp so that we can do some reading in here.

We haven't taken any pictures of our guest bedroom but we do have one in case anyone wants to come visit (hint, hint).

3 comments:

Erica said...

Your home is beautiful! I love it, especially the kitchen. Thanks for the tour! :)

Susanna said...

Soooo jealous! Makes me want to move back to Texas for some space! Love it! Well done on your first home! Kisses xx

Marianne said...

The house looks awesome! I am so glad you went on a posting frenzy. It is so nice to see what is going on in your neck of the woods.