Where do I begin? Here's what we've been up to lately (in no particular order):
1. Schitterbahn! Ah, how I love the extra cold water that freezes up my tooshie as soon as I plop into my tube. I love the word tooshie because it implies that my bum is small and cute, which it's not! (Note to self...get that bum to the gym!) At least this year there weren't any guys 25+ years old getting into the water at the beginning of a ride sqeeling like girls because the water was so frigid. We stayed in San Antonio and had a fabulous time eating 7 Mexican food meals out of a possible 10 meals. It was heaven.
2. Our trip to Mississippi in October with Michael's parents to visit some of their friends is planned. I know that sounds a little strange but the friends have a separate guest house on the gulf that has mine and Michael's name on it. His parents will stay in the main house with their friends. We'll be spending a night along the way in New Orleans which I'm excited about because I've never been to New Orleans. I'm told it's dirty and seedy but I still want to see what that culture is like and see the effects of Katrina.
3. We had a patio extension poured in our backyard in June and now have a patio table to enjoy. This sounds pretty lame but we're now old folks who own a home and get enjoyment out of such things. The patio the home builder poured was 23' x 6' so it was long an narrow with not much usability. We love being outside grillin' and chillin' so we decided it would be nice to extend the concrete out another 10'. We were thinking we might have the concrete stained or stamped but decided that for now we would just go with plain concrete and maybe jazz it up later when we have more $$. Shesh...owning a home isn't cheap! Here's what we have going on so far.

4. Trip to California next week! We're headed to Monterey and Sonoma, California over my birthday. The last time we went to California was for our honeymoon 5 years ago when we went to Monterey and San Fran. Needless to say we've been waiting for the day when we can go back and enjoy our favorite clam chowder on Monterey's Old Fisherman's Wharf. Michael's been to Sonoma before (before he was 21 so how much fun can that be?)
5. NASCAR November 7th with my bro and his family at the Texas Motor Speedway. I'm looking forward to this because I've never done anything like it. I have a feeling it's going to be LOUD!! Earplugs, anyone??
1 comment:
Horray you're back! I've missed your blogging and have been checking EVERY week for a new post! :) Maybe now I'll update mine! haha xx PS: LOVE your patio! Wish I could have a drink with you on it!
Post a Comment