Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tagged

Well, I'm back from a few week's hiatus of blogging. Erica tagged me almost a week ago so here are 7 random things about me.

1) When I go grocery shopping I place the items on the checkout belt in the order and groupings I want my groceries bagged in. Of course, things never end up in the bag I intend them and then I get home with my frozen fruit juice concentrate bagged with my cotton balls. Maybe I should just throw caution to the wind and randomly place items on the checkout belt and then they'll all end up in the bags I want them in. Now, that would be nice!

2) I'm allergic to all sensitive toothpaste except for Sensodyne. When I brush my teeth with any other sensitive toothpaste my skin turns red wherever the toothpaste touches my face. Michael always says I'm the messiest brusher of anyone he knows because I'm always getting toothpaste all over my face outside my mouth. I, therefore, end up with a clown mouth every morning and night because I refuse to spend $4 on Sensodyne. Thankfully it's gone before I get to work.

3) Every night when I get in bed I check, check, and recheck that I have my alarm set. Even when I tell myself that I know it's set I check again. I know, weird, but it's probably a little of my self-diagnosed OCD surfacing. Hey, it's a medical condition...I can't help it.

4) I am crazy ticklish when Michael blows on my neck. I absolutely can't stand it and I squeal and squirm like a little kid.

5) I have a tendency to fall asleep in the middle of a conversion at night in bed. Michael and I will be talking one minute and when he's waiting for a response to a question he realizes that I'm totally knocked out. This happens more often than not. On rare occasions I'll answer his question with gibberish because my mouth is still awake enough to move but my mind is completely dead.

6) I was in the 4A all-state band my senior year in high school. I played the clarinet (and still do sometimes) and passed the divisional, regional, and area tryouts to make it all the way to state. We played an awesome concert at the Lila Cockrell Theatre for the Performing Arts in San Antonio. This is an experience I'll never forget.

7) I can never keep a gift I am giving someone a secret. I'm getting a little better about this as I get older but if I buy someone a gift I have to give it to them immediately because I can't keep it a secret. I get too excited about the act of giving the gift that I just can't stand it and have to give it to them NOW. To counteract this, I'm trying a new tactic where I don't buy the gift until a day or two before. I talk a big talk but just watch me buy Michael his anniversary gift and crumble by giving it to him 2 weeks early. I'm such a wimp.

No comments: